There is much work to be done, and we believe that you will find the position rewarding, challenging, and fun. Term commitments for this election will be three years and begin in March 2018.
The 2018 application is now available. Apply today! The deadline to apply is January 5th.
The following is a brief schedule of the events leading up to the elections:
Late November – Applications available
January 5th – Application Deadline
Early January – Candidate Interviews
February 17th – Elections and Annual Meeting
March Board Meeting – New Board Members Take Office
What Does the Board Do?
The following is a list of many, but not all, of the tasks the Board is responsible for:
- Carry out the responsibilities specifically put forth in the bylaws. (E.g. Meetings, create agendas or minutes, prepare taxes, prepare for Annual Meeting)
- Create timelines for the start-up, both long-term/broad and short-term/focused.
- Designate task forces and teams to carry out the work.
- Create and maintain the systems for people to be able to work effectively.
- Train and empower others to do the work needed.
- Make hiring decisions. (E.g. Project Manager, Outreach Coordinator, General Manager)
- Make official policy decisions.